Sue would love to come to your conference or event to speak and provide more in-depth information on any of the topics reflected in these free resources.
Click on links below to Download Free Coloring Pages!
These pages are a free supplement to "Building Bridges of Hope, A Coloring Book for Adults Caring for Children Who Have Experience Trauma." If you haven't ordered the coloring book yet and you would like to, you can order it in the store HERE.
For Social Workers and Other Child-Serving Professionals
- "Trauma-Informed Practice Quick Reference Guide" A set of key questions for caseworkers, supervisors and judges to support trauma-informed child-welfare and juvenile justice practice. VIEW
- "Web Resources to Support Trauma Informed Child Welfare and Cross-System Practice" - A collection of resources on evidence-based practices related to assessment, treatment, family and youth engagement and support of children who have experienced trauma VIEW
- "Seven Cees of Family Engagement" An outline of critical components for child and youth-serving programs wishing to increase and improve family engagement VIEW
- "Creating an Individual Permanency Plan for an Older Youth" - A checklist of steps for developing a youth-led permanency plans for older youth in foster care or juvenile justice settings VIEW
For Parents and Caregivers
- "What Can I Do While I Wait?" - Use this series of guiding questions to help you decide if adoption is for you and to assess the ways in which you may need to make changes in your life in order to best meet the needs of a child you adopt. VIEW
- "S.O.D.A.S. Problem Solving Worksheet" - Use this easy-to-remember strategy for teaching children and youth of all ages how to solve problems and reduce their chances of getting into trouble VIEW
- "Goal Setting Worksheet" - From the Badeau's own "Family Handbook" a one-week annual goal-setting guideline for middle-school and high-school age children VIEW
- "Stress Busters Worksheet" - A handy tool for listing and remember practical strategies for keeping or re-gaining calm in stressful situations VIEW
- "Adoption or Permanency Ceremony Guide" - This is a guide, complete with suggested readings, for families wishing to formally acknowledge and celebrate the addition of an older teen into the life of their family - this is the Christian version with suggested scriptures, but can be customized for other faiths or secular use. VIEW
Articles and Guest Blogs